Forever Sport utilises the breadth of coaching expertise and experience available from the Bristol Sport stable of sports, their partner charities and external sporting bodies to provide a unique and comprehensive primary school physical education and sports coaching programme.
Delivered by coaches and players from Bristol Sport Foundation, Bristol Rugby Community Foundation, Bristol Flyers Community, Bristol City Women’s FC and Bristol Jets Community the programme champions the use of a game-sensed approach to learning with a focus on fun and empowerment.
The programme can either be used for PPA cover or to upskill, motivate and build the confidence of teachers to deliver high-quality PE and sport. This ‘teacher mentoring’ aspect of our offer is aligned with the Department of Education’s guidance on how primary schools can use the PE and sport premium.
We will inspire your pupils through high-quality PE lessons, extended after school club opportunities and complimentary tickets to see Bristol City FC, Bristol Rugby and the Bristol Flyers.
We help our schools to map their PE curriculum to ensure that all of their pupils from Foundation Stage to Year 6 are provided with an enjoyable, broad and challenging array of physical activity and sporting opportunities.
We operate a two-coach model for our curriculum PE lessons in order to provide an excellent coach to pupil ratio, to help support the teaching mentoring process and to ensure that safeguarding is prioritised.
- Each school is assigned one experienced, highly qualified and high quality Head Coach for the whole academic year. This will allow the coach to become part of the school community, which will support the development of strong relationships and provide a clear understanding of school procedures and expectations.
- Two coach model which provides excellent scope for small-group work and intervention strategies. An assistant coach, who specialises in the sport being delivered, will work with the Head Coach.
- Our coaches will assess pupils three times; equal consideration will be given for progress, attainment and effort because all are required to become physically literate.
- Teacher mentoring through team teaching, comprehensive lesson plans and email support to help up-skill and develop the confidence of primary school teachers to deliver outstanding PE.
- After school clubs for KS1 and KS2 that are designed to be fun and active for all participants.
- Complimentary tickets for all after school club attendees to see either Bristol City, Bristol Rugby or Bristol Flyers.
- Invitation to the Celebration of Sport festival (video above) hosted at Ashton Gate Stadium for our partner schools.
- Complimentary tickets for school staff to enjoy nights out at Bristol Sport football, rugby and basketball fixtures.
- Professional player appearances, subject to availability, at your school to help inspire the next generation of sports stars.
If you are interested in the Forever Sport Programme, please contact Tom Monks (email@example.com)