Banner image

FAQ

Where do you practice?

We train on Monday evenings (7:30pm – 9pm), Tuesday evenings (6pm – 7:30pm) and Sunday mornings (9:30am – 11:00am) at The Park Sports Centre, Daventry Road, Knowle, BS4 1DQ. Check out our find us page for a map to the venue.

How much does it cost?

The first three sessions are free. After this time, you will be given the option of signing up for one our memberships via online recurring payment:

• £22.50 per month for membership: for the Monday or Tuesday training every week plus every Sunday.

Can I just turn up and play or do I need to contact you first?

We would prefer it if you would contact us first as we usually have a waiting list. Please contact claire.buckingham@bristol-sport.co.uk to find out if we have availability. 

Do you play in any basketball leagues?

We are not part of any formal regulated basketball league in Bristol due to the high standard which teams expect players to be and the high prices which go with that. However we do host regular Monday vs Tuesday games and also play other teams in friendlies. Our ethos is more about fitness and inclusion, but we do offer plenty of opportunities for competitive basketball and also for those who are too lazy for it!

What if I’m a bit rusty or have never played basketball before?

You will fit in better if you have played basketball before at some point in your life, but you are welcome to give it a go if you want a fresh challenge. Most of our members played at school and then became too lazy to play until this club came along!

What ages are welcome?

You can play if you are 18 or older. We have no upper age limit.