Gameday At The SGS College Arena
*NOTE* During the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be temporary changes to gamedays at the SGS College Arena and not all of the below information will be applicable whilst these restrictions are in place. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or call 01179 630 600.
Gameday at the SGS College Arena
Bristol Flyers is renowned for having one of the best home atmospheres in British basketball and we’re thrilled that you’re considering us. Below we have listed some helpful information that will aid newcomers, or those looking to refamiliarise themselves, with how everything works.
Finding the SGS College Arena
- SGS College – WISE Campus
- New Road,
- Stoke Gifford,
- BS34 8LP
SGS College – WISE Campus is conveniently located just off junction one of the M32, a short walk from Bristol Parkway and Filton Abbey Wood train stations. It’s also close to the Abbey Wood Retail Park, which is a stop on a large number of bus routes.
We offer free fan car parking at The Aviva Centre (Brierly Furlong, Stoke Gifford, Bristol BS34 8SW), located an short (approximately eight minute) walk from the SGS College Arena (in operation 6pm-10pm).
For those with accessibility issues, there is also a paid SGS College - WISE Campus park on-site using pay and display machines (which include instructions). This car park has very limited capacity and we recommend using the Aviva Centre car park, above. Please also note that the SGS College – WISE Campus car park utilises automated camera security which can implement fines car failing to pay to park and parking incorrectly (these fines are issued externally and are out of our control).
Stewards will be on hand to assist with either option.
Further information for those not familiar with Bristol Flyers basketball games can be found below:
- Bristol Flyers are a professional basketball team competing in Britain’s top-flight competition: the British Basketball League (BBL)
- The BBL is a league structure with a play-off competition at the end of the season, in addition to both a BBL Cup and BBL Trophy competition
- Flyers gamedays have always been cash only, however the club is looking into bringing in card payments for the 2021/22 season. To be safe, we recommend bringing cash as there is no cash point on-site
- Entrance and access control to the venue is via the reception area of SGS College - WISE Campus, with gameday team members on hand to assist
- Flyers operate access control measures at the venue so proceed to the relevant access desk at reception and you will be given the relevant ticket, wristband or stamp. If you have not received your ticket in the post or have lost your ticket, we have guestlists which show all ticket purchaser names and can verify your purchase in this fashion
- Some drink and food options are available at the venue. There is a courtside bar serving alcoholic beverages and a concession stand serving soft drinks, hot drinks, snacks and some hot food (such as hot dogs). We occasionally also have an external outdoor food vendor but this is not in place for every fixture
- All drink (including alcohol) and food on sale at the venue can be consumed at your seat whilst you watch the game and therefore, we do not allow personal food and drink being brought into the venue
- There are toilets and drink fountains located in multiple locations around the venue
- The venue is wheelchair accessible via lifts and we offer a wheelchair section
- Flyers retail items are available from a stand at the game and we also operate an online store
- We do not sell tickets for future games at the venue and all tickets are purchased online or by calling 01179 630 600. For some fixtures, we will have on the day sales for the game, with al information on this advertised in advance on social media
- Discounted tickets can be purchased by: attending in groups of 10+ (this will automatically reduce the ticket price per person), becoming a Forever Bristol member (reduces ticket price to each game) or becoming a season card holder (limited availability and only on sale at certain times)
- Standard tickets (unreserved section), standing tickets and courtside tickets at Flyers are unreserved, however VIP courtside (VIP courtside seating, plus a drinks bucket of 3 beverages) and VIP courtside hospitality (VIP courtside seating, light buffet, drinks package and access to the hospitality room) include reserved seating and info can be found here
- Away tickets are to be purchased directly from the away team’s website and we do not sell these tickets
- Junior group ticket experiences (for schools, sports clubs and large groups of friends), birthday parties and mascot packages are all available
- Fans can meet the players after every game in the reception/entrance area shortly after the game ends for photos and autographs (please note: this may not be in place/may be limited due to COVID-19)
- Our fixtures and results are all listed and updated regularly on this website
- You can follow us on social media using the icons located at the top of each website page
- For any other enquiries, all Flyers contact information can be found here